CBAP – Rifle in your Sidearm
- CBAP behaves like an Anti-Tank round.. It pauses then punctures through the Armour.
- The Ammunition functions in a SMG / Pistol with no stoppages.
- Dynamit Nobel partnered with Conjay, then Mesko took over.
- CBAP will be manufactured in the USA
- 5mm Armoured Plate will defeat Rifles in 5.56mm / 7.62mm Ball; Not CBAP.
- Current US Army Light Armoured Vehicles defeat able e.g. LAV-25 (4.71mm Plate in sections), HUMVEE, FLYER 60/72; VIP Armoured Cards Manufactured to just STANAG 1.
- It defeats Level 4 Body Armour / Helmet.
- Causes “plugs” of steel to sheer away from rear of Armour-Plate causing 2ndry damage.
- No need to buy a new weapon system (e.g. Blackout), so saving to utilise what you have.
- Makes the otherwise redundant 9mm Sidearm a viable defence.
- Listed in Janes and a known “Brand-Name” within the SF Community
|9mm x 19 4” Barrel||9mm x 19 10” Barrel||.357” Mag 6”
|.357” Mag 10” Barrel|
|Projectile Weight Grains||85 grains||85 grains||85 grains||85 grains|
|Velocity||430 f/s||495 f/s||640 f/s||690 f/s|
|3.5mm Brinell 480-530 / Rockwell 52 Plate||Penetrated||Penetrated||Penetrated||Penetrated|
|5.6mm Brinell 480-530 / Rockwell 52 Plate||No Test||Plugged||No Test||Penetrated|
|Defeat Creamic Plate||Partial||YES||Partial||YES|